(As always, you can add the Lower Barriers membership meeting to your calendar using the link.)
The very first meeting of Lower Barriers.
Rather than the planned meeting to review by-laws, budgets, and other verbiage, we’ll use this time to review the existing State-approved documentation, brainstorm and prioritize projects, divvy up some work in the repositories, and other semi-pertinent things.
The second membership meeting, in October, will be when we’ll ensure all our operational requirements are officially accounted-for and approved.
- Greetings and introductions
- Quorum and roll call
- Review of articles of incorporation
- Brainstorm projects
- Call for volunteers
- Summation (what to expect next month)
Optionally, if the membership is comfortable electing officers outside the confines of approved by-laws, we can hold elections tonight. Otherwise, Brad will operate as a presiding officer and secretary until such time as the by-laws are approved and elections held to comply with said by-laws.
These minutes have not yet been approved by the membership at the following meeting after a review. This bolded section will be updated following the subsequent meeting to indicate approval status.
Lower Barriers membership meeting
Board present: Brad Czerniak, Hillary Lewandowski, Randall Thomas
Board absent: (none)
Members/guest attending: (none)
- Call to order (7:00 PM)
- Roll call
- Call for member comments
- Agenda was approved unanimously. Brad moved, Hillary seconded, assent by voice vote
- Regular agenda: * Introductions * Brad talked at length about finished-starter * Brad talked about progress toward forming the nonprofit
- Old business: none
- New business: none
- Requesting any other business: none
- Second call for membership commentary
- Adjourn (7:32 PM)
When talking about progress toward forming the nonprofit, Brad mentioned the following official bodies and web services which he registered as an agent of the Lower Barriers organization:
- State of Michigan
- ForwardEmail (a service for forwarding all messages to a particular domain name)
- Facebook (Page)
- Google Voice
- GitHub (organization)
- Website (and domain name via namecheap)
- IRS (for tax ID number but not 501(c)(3) status yet)